Current Job Openings
Motive Infrastructure Solutions is one of the fastest growing utility construction contractors in the telecom industry.
Motive Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Drill Locator to join our team. This position will oversee a 2-3-member construction crew, has full knowledge of underground fiber install operations, and is an expert heavy equipment operator in the telecom space. This position operates locating equipment for drill bore machines daily. Motive Infrastructure Solutions is known in the industry for our world class culture, work stability, career development opportunities, and best in class vehicles and equipment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure locates are correct
- Safely and efficiently operates locator for rock and dirt bore machines
- Ensure safe operation of any support equipment
- Constantly communicate with crew members
- Ensure potholes are dug prior to crossing utilities
- Maintains accuracy in all reporting functions
- Leads construction crew of 2-3 members
- Assist with JSA's and constantly being on the lookout for changing conditions
- Assist Operators & Laborers with hand digging, pot holing, and operating heavy equipment when needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travel Ability Nationwide
- A strong belief in Safety First- Being Safe 100% of the time is the expectation
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- A high level of time management, organizational skills, problem solving, solution oriented, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Ability to operate all types of heavy equipment
- Ability to understand utility locates
- Ability to review and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to detect wearing parts and maintenance
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations
- Ability to work in independently and self-directed; takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like sitting, squatting, standing, walking and driving
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions, including hot, cold, humid, and rainy during all seasons throughout the year
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- Must wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and high visible vest when working on-site
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 2+ years of experience in the utilities field
- 2+ years of experience operating locator systems for dirt drill bore machines and any other heavy equipment needed in the underground utility field, such as; backhoes, trenches, shovels, ladders, etc.
- Class A CDL is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Motive Infrastructure Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.