Current Job Openings
Motive Infrastructure Solutions is one of the fastest growing utility construction contractors in the telecom industry.
Motive Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Directional Drill Operator to join our team. This position will assist in overseeing a 2-3-member construction crew, has full knowledge of underground fiber, water & electrical install operations and experience operating & maintain directional boring machines. Operator will work hand in hand with locator to ensure safe work practices. Motive Infrastructure Solutions is known in the industry for our world class culture, work stability, career development opportunities, and best in class vehicles and equipment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with ensure locates are correct
- Safely and efficiently operation of directional boring equipment
- Ensure safe operation of any support equipment (Vactron/Mini-Ex/Etc.)
- Constantly communicate with crew members to ensure safe operations daily
- Assist with ensuring potholes and bore pits are correct to avoid utilities
- Maintains accuracy in all reporting functions (I.e., Bore Logs)
- Assist with JSA's and constantly being on the lookout for changing conditions
- Assist Laborers with hand digging, pot holing, and operating heavy equipment as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travel Ability Nationwide
- A strong belief in Safety First- Being Safe 100% of the time is the expectation
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- A high level of time management, organizational skills, problem solving, solution oriented, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Ability to operate all types of heavy equipment
- Ability to understand utility locates
- Ability to review and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to detect wearing parts and maintenance
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations
- Ability to work in independently and self-directed; takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like sitting, squatting, standing, walking and driving
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions, including hot, cold, humid, and rainy during all seasons throughout the year
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- Must wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and high visible vest when working on-site
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 2+ years of experience in the utilities field
- 2+ years of experience operating locator systems for dirt drill bore machines and any other heavy equipment needed in the underground utility field, such as; backhoes, trenches, shovels, ladders, etc.
- Class A CDL is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.