Current Job Openings
Motive is a full service, self-performing, turnkey, infrastructure solutions provider for the wireless and wireline telecommunications industry. We are a single point of accountability for designing, building, upgrading, and maintaining your networks. No project hands-off minimizes overall development time & cost and maximizes quality control. Our areas of expertise are Site Acquisition, Architecture, Engineering & Design, Project & Construction Management, Installation & Maintenance, Product Sales & Distribution.
Job Description Purpose and Scope: The Civil Construction Manager is responsible for the coordination and supervision of civil projects.
Responsibilities: * Develops and adheres to project timetables. * Develops and adheres to project budgets.
* Ensures parts and material have been ordered and picked up. * Ensures equipment is available or has been rented to complete daily tasks (Skidsteer, Mini Ex, dump trailers, cranes, etc.). * Schedules daily construction activities. * Verifies that internal and external policies are followed (JSA's, MOP's, call in's, dailies, tail gate meetings, etc. * Performs ADP employee timecard approval based on scheduled work. * Monitors head count. * Regularly monitors the project budget when ordering material, subs, etc. * Upon project completion, invites customer to inspect completed work, and with gained approval, notifies office to initiate billing. * Makes timely replies to emails and phone calls. * Prods crew for completion of high priority closeouts. * Compiles and submits completion documentation in a timely manner. * Orders all materials in advance. * Checks for budgetary allowances of overtime before granting approvals. * Sends per diem requests for global cash cards. * Site walks with customers on potential projects. * Maintains customer relationships and inquires about future projects. * Regularly communicates regarding project progress and any needed alterations to completion dates. * Maintains a safe working environment, enforcing compliance and regulations, as needed. * All other duties as required
Skills / Other:
* Very strong organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including interpersonal skills.
Job Competency / Qualifications Education/ Training:
* High School graduate or equivalent, required. Bachelor's degree in Business or Construction Management a major plus.
* Contractor's license a plus.
* Able to read blueprints. Technical Requirements: Experience:
* 5+ Years directly managing the work of others in the area of construction.
* 15 Years of progressive knowledge in construction or civil engineering.
* Experienced in construction planning and management.
DISCLAIMER: EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands